Drones helping farmers decide where and how much fertilizer and pesticide to apply. Wall Street using machine learning for stock trading. Devices performing simultaneous language translation an international conference. Seventeen years of computer science and literature catalogued by a million vCPUs in a public cloud. Thank you, AI.
Intel takes a holistic approach towards AI, particularly towards machine learning, providing both hardware and software to support AI from the Cloud to the Edge. Intel CPUs, accelerators, and software tools fuel deep learning performance, particularly for data scientists and application developers.
In this video, Henry Gabb and Wei Li, Vice President and General Manager for Machine Learning and Translation at Intel, discuss the challenges and opportunities AI brings, and what Intel is doing about both. Watch as they touch on several important topics:
- How accelerators—Intel® FPGAs, Intel® Movidius™, and the Intel® Nervana™ Neural Network Processor (Intel® Nervana™ NNP)—fit into Intel’s training and inference strategies
- The three components to Intel’s software strategy for frameworks, namely for Google’s Tensorflow* and Caffe* and MXNet*
- How BigDL enables big data and deep learning efficiencies inside the Spark* environment
- How the Intel® Math Kernel Library for Deep Neural Networks (Intel® MKL-DNN) can reduce training time from weeks to hours
- The roles Intel® Machine Learning Scaling Library (Intel® MLSL) and the nGraph Library play in creating optimizations when applied