If you develop for field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), you’re likely familiar with the hours-long experience of running FPGA simulations, synthesis, and compilations during algorithm development.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Watch this session to learn how two free tools—the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit (Base Kit) and the Intel® FPGA Add-on for the oneAPI Base Toolkit —speed up programming of these flexible, reconfigurable devices, including:
- How the Base Kit enables functional verification through (1) quick emulation and (2) rapid performance tuning via report files prior to full bitstream compilation
- Developing a Hough Transform algorithm —a feature extraction method used in computer vision applications—using Data Parallel C++ (DPC++), a C++ based programming language included in the Base Kit
- The steps necessary to generate FPGA binaries
- Using the Intel FPGA Add-on tool to run a pre-compiled bitstream to observe the algorithm on real FPGA accelerator hardware
Get the software
The Intel FPGA Add-on is a complement to the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit, a core set of tools and libraries for developing performant applications across diverse architectures.
- Download the Base Kit now for Windows, Linux, or macOS.
- Already have the Base Kit or just want the FPGA Add-on as a standalone? Download the Intel® FPGA Add-on for the oneAPI Base Toolkit here.
- Sign up for oneAPI FPGA training —online, instructor-led courses to help you build, optimize, and run your applications using oneAPI on FPGAs.
- Sign up for an Intel® DevCloud for oneAPI account—a free development sandbox with access to the latest Intel® hardware and oneAPI software.
- Explore oneAPI, including developer opportunities and benefits
- Subscribe to the POD—Code Together is an interview series that explores the challenges at the forefront of cross-architecture development. Each bi-weekly episode features industry VIPs who are blazing new trails through today’s data-centric world. Available wherever you get your podcasts.