Sharing your vision in a manner that’s accurate, captivating, and unambiguous can be (and often is) critical across multiple industries—from medical research and motion pictures to geophysical exploration, cosmology, and product design.
To accomplish this, data scientists, designers, architects, and engineers use images and 3D virtual scenes, often with animation, to turn highly detailed data into compelling, easy-to-understand visual stories.
There are increasing cases where telling a “complete” story is hindered by legacy software tools that can’t meet the demands of enormous rendering workloads run on powerful hardware platforms.
If this sounds familiar, join Graphics Software Engineering Manager Bruce Cherniak to learn how Intel® OSPRay and Intel® OSPRay Studio open new doors for developers to bring scalable, interactive rendering to large, complex data sets, with no decimation. The result: High-fidelity, ray-traced, interactive, physically based rendering made easy, from laptops to supercomputers.
This session covers:
- A top-to-bottom overview of the Intel® oneAPI Rendering Toolkit, including (of course) Intel OSPRay and Intel OSPRay Studio, a scene graph-based application for driving all of OSPRay’s features
- How to use OSPRay’s built-in renderers to achieve the look you want, whether it be scientific or photorealistic
- An introduction to Intel® OSPRay Plugin for USD Hydra, providing a render delegate for Pixar USD
- Real world examples featuring images from ParaView, Stellar Radiation, CTC, Jean Favre, Angus Lock, Bentley Motors, and more
Get the software
- Get Intel® OSPRay as part of the Intel® oneAPI Rendering Toolkit.
- Sign up for an Intel® DevCloud for oneAPI account—a free development sandbox with access to the latest Intel® hardware and oneAPI software, including the Render Kit.
- See the growing list of projects all created using Intel® OSPRay.
- Watch an interactive rendering demo created using Intel® OSPRay and Intel® OSPRay Studio.
- See how Bentley Motors used OSPRay Studio to address its most demanding workloads.
- Subscribe to the POD—Code Together is an interview series that explores the challenges at the forefront of cross-architecture development. Each bi-weekly episode features industry VIPs who are blazing new trails through today’s data-centric world. Available wherever you get your podcasts.